In your groups, you are going to design and plan a website to raise awareness among young people your age about the rights and responsibilities surrounding digital content on the Internet. Use the following questions to help you organise your ideas:
- What will you call your website? Try to think of a name that will attract your target age group and includes a reference to the key concepts.
- How many sections will you have and what topics will they cover? Look back through your notes from this unit of work to remind yourself of the main issues.
- Try to include a glossary of terms. Where would this fit in the site and what words would you include?
- What content can you plan that will interest your target group? What sort of things do people your age like to do, read and watch? How will you attract them to read your site? Think about quizzes, games, infographics, animations, human-interest stories, surveys etc.
- What will the colour, design and style of your site be like? What is the logo?
Using an online web template, create your website. Develop your ideas within your group and allocate different content production to different people in the group. If you have access to video cameras, interview friends and family about their attitudes to intellectual property rights.